Bohol Philippines Travel Magazine Bohol, Philippines

Visa & Immigration Procedures

Nationals from a list of 145 countries can enter the Philippines for tourism or business purpose for a period of 30 days without a visa! This list includes most European and Asian countries as well as the USA and Australia.

For most visitors, this is enough for their holiday. If you want to stay longer than 30 days however, you might get a visa in advance from a Philippine Embassy in your home country or have the extensions made at any Immigration Office in the Philippines.

Visa Extensions

If you want to stay longer, you can extend this residence permit at the next immigration office by 2 months, which costs between 2500 and 4500 pesowith all fees depending on whether it is the 1st, 2nd, etc. extension.

You can easily repeat these extensions (every 2 months) up to a total stay of about one year. However, the total cost of doing so is now over 20,000 pesos / year. Att the first visa extension an ACR Card (Alien Certificate of Registration) will be issued, which cost additional money.

Dress Code at Immigration Offices

If you have to go to an Immigration Office, make sure you are properly dressed, with long pants, proper shoes (no slippers) and a shirt, otherwise you may not be served or they don't even let you in.

Balik Bayan Visa

If you are married to a Filipina, you may ask for a "Balik Bayan Stamp" when entering the Philippines and you should get a stamp good for 1 year for free! Your wife has to be with you and you have to present your marriage contract (in englsih) to the immigration officer.

Philippine Visa Cost

This Visas are available at the Philippine Embassies and Consulates in your home country

  • Tourist/Visitor Visa, 3 month, 1 entry: 39,- Euro
  • Tourist/Visitor Visa, 6 month, multiple entry: 78,- Euro
  • Tourist/Visitor Visa, 12 month, multiple entry: 117,- Euro
  • Hotels Bohol
  • Hotels Panglao (Alona Beach)
  • Hotels Cebu
  • Hotels in Manila