Bohol Philippines Travel Magazine
Some Facts About The Island Of Bohol
- Location: about 700 km south of Manila in the Visayas and the neighboring island of Cebu.
- Size: 4117 km ², 10th biggest island in the Philippines
- Population & Religion: 1,300 000 (95% Catholic)
- Language: Boholano (Visayan dialect) and English
- Capital: Tagbilaran City
- Airport: Tagbilaran (TAG) about 7 daily flights to and from Manila, operated by Philippine Airlines, ir Phil Express Cebu Pacific and Zest Air.
- Currency: Peso (like everywhere in the Philippines)
- Power supply: 220V 60Hz; Sensitive electrical equipment should only be operated over a protection device, available for around 500,- Peso in every Computer or Electronic Store.
- Climate: tropical, see also the page about the Weather in Bohol!
- Sea Port: Fast ferries to Cebu, Dumaguete and Siquijor from Tagbilaran. Other Boats & Ferries to Cagayan de Oro and Camiguin Island also from Tagbilaran and Jagna on the southern side of Bohol.
- Time-Zone: UTC +8
- Vaccinations: There are no obligatory vaccinations, hepatitis A and tetanus are, however, recommended
- Health Care:There are 3 hospitals in Tagbilaran, emergency clinics and / or practicing physicians in every major village/town on the island.
- A very good hospital for special cases is the "Cebu Doctors Hospital" on the neighboring island of Cebu. A good dentist is located in the upper floor of the Island City Mall (ICM) and in the Bohol Quality Mall (BQ)